Sample of a resume I completed for a very satisfied client.
Thornton, MA | xxx-xxx-xxxx | firstname.lastname@example.org | Linkedin.com/in/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Multiple-award-winning training and sales professional, with 15+ years of experience designing and delivering training presentations and materials for all types of insurance products, including commercial, personal, property, and casualty lines. Thorough knowledge of insurance industry regulations, procedures, and best practices and with traditional and virtual training methodologies. Excellent communicator, building and sustaining mutually beneficial relationships with customers and team members.
AREAS OF SKILL AND EXPERTISE
▪ Regulatory Compliance ▪ Virtual Training ▪ Training & Development
▪ Property & Casualty Insurance ▪ Commercial Insurance ▪ Office Administration
▪ New Hire Training/Onboarding ▪ Customer Service ▪ Operations
▪ Office Management ▪ Project Management ▪ Risk Management
ABC Insurance - Customer Centers | 2015-Present
Specialist, Process Management (Training and Retention)
Design, develop, customize and deliver training programs on insurance sales strategies, marketing, and corporate systems, processes, and tools, Support training and retention efforts in CO, UT, AZ, OH, MI, IL, SC, and TX. Design process and procedure enhancements, coordinating with work teams and operational departments. Deliver virtual and live onboarding and training sessions in group and individual settings.
- Designated Subject Matter Expert (SME) for multiple functions, product lines (personal, commercial, life, and flood insurance), technology, and business activities.
- Ensured uniform and streamlined training by creating virtual sales and process training courses and co-creating commercial lines product and sales training courses.
- Updated current training guides, system processes, and procedures, to meet current standards.
- Provided outstanding service at On Your Side Centers, thus retaining customers.
XYZ Insurance | 2014-2015
Senior Sales and Service Advocate
Promoted to serve as outside sales rep., generating leads and building brand awareness through centers of influence (COI) and marketing events. Drove sales of property/casualty and life insurance products by leveraging community relationships; face-to-face contacts; and inbound and outbound telephone calls. Promptly and accurately answered questions concerning new accounts, product availability, billing and payment options, policy status, and complaints.
- Revamped and updated training to assure consistency, creating PowerPoint presentations to train new hires and shadowing CO and AZ training teams to suggest improvements.
- Selected to participate in “Seemless initiative” with Denver Market and Nationwide Sales Solutions.
- Received awards and leadership recognition in 2014 for achieving 140% of property and casualty sales goal and 100% Life sales goal.
- Managed marketing events for all Colorado locations.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (Continued)
PDF Insurance | 2011-2014
Sales and Service Advocate
Sold and serviced property/casualty insurance products. Resolved issues concerning accounts, products, billing, and other customer inquiries. Processed policy changes, following up with customers as needed.
- Recognized in 2013 for attaining 250% of property and casualty and 100% life sales goals.
- Achieved 196% of property and casualty sales goal in 2012 and 125% of Life sales goal.
- Opened new OYSC in Thornton, CO, in 2012, playing essential role in onboarding and training new hires on systems, product knowledge, and underwriting guidelines.
- Participated in agency acquisition, Salt Lake City, UT, 2012.
- Organized and managed Toys for Tots Community Service Project, 2012.
- Provided exceptional customer service and maintained retention levels for center.
- Promoted to senior role (above) based on outstanding performance.
John Doe Insurance Agency | 2011-2011
Generated new business by contacting potential insurance customers. Explained features and benefits of various insurance policies, helping clients choose appropriate plans.
- Trained and executed over 15 different insurance company quoting and binding websites.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Hawksoft agency management software.
Excellent Insurance Agency | 1998-2011
Sales and Customer Service Representative
Represented personal, commercial, and life insurance lines.
- Sustained 84.67% average monthly retention rate and 1.2% defection rate.
- Maintained agency averaging 650 households and 1550 policies.
- Received JD Power Award: Distinguished Insurance Agency for Customer Service since 2007.
MA Insurance Producer License (Property, Casualty, Life, and Health), since 2001
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI